Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Like Mother Like Daughter...???


Well, this was so precious, I ran to get the camera as soon as I realized what was happening. So I was trying to finish my Bible Study while the kids were napping today, but Kate woke up early, so I tried entertaining her with play-dough, which wasn't too successful. She was watching me study really closely, and so I asked if she wanted to read her Bible and write in her notebook (a gift from Jeff's Godmother this last weekend)...she said yes, and although it only lasted about 2 minutes and ended when I wouldn't let her write in her Bible, it was still adorable. I pray that God allows her to see me study His word LOTS of times and that she grows up with a hunger for it that never ceases!!!

I have also been listening to a CD that our Bible Study leader made for us that has her reading a chapter of Ephesians & then Philippians, followed by a song she picked as the "theme" for that chapter. When I first turned it on in the car Kate was confused, so I told her it was Mitzi reading the Bible. Now every time she hears it she says "BIBLE MOMMY BIBLE!!!". There is a song on there called "Give me Jesus" and every time it comes on, Kate starts saying "JESUS!!! JESUS!!!" getting more and more excited about it. I think she still thinks he's a character in her coloring book (she has a Jesus coloring book), but I'm just glad she knows his name!!!

6 comments:

Terri said...

That is TOO precious! You'll treasure that picture forever! With loving, Godly parents like you & Jeff as influences and a faithful God watching over Kate & JR, your children are in good hands :> Love you and miss seeing you~

Jennie said...

That is too cool! She is going to be a veyr special person, just like her mommy!

Daphne said...

This is so beautiful! She couldn't hope for more than to be like her mommy!

I'm in Bastrop near Austin. We went to The Oasis on Lake Travis last night. Jeff needs to take you! If you see this before Friday noonish, give me a call on my cell and maybe I can come see you!

Lone Pines Hyatt Resort
512.308.1234 room 4407

Daphne

Elisa said...

What a sweet girl!

Monica said...

So glad you have a blog. I was thinking the other day I needed to track down your web site. I can't believe you moved to Austin. Sounds like things are going pretty good? I know a move is hard. Your children are precious. I love this post about Kate. Too bad mommy wouldn't let her color in her bible. : )

Lauren said...

Aww! Will has been really into his Bible lately, too :) He has a little blue one like Kate's that he got from the church when he was born. It sits up on a shelf in his room but he always wants us to get it down for him so he can "read" it.

He also has one of those Beginner Bibles that is like a picture book and we have been reading little stories from it at bed- and nap-time lately. When we ask him what story he would like he now often requests that we read "God" (meaning that Bible). Today he even went as far as to request "Adam and Eve in the garden." Isn't it amazing what they pick up on and learn?!