1. I found a Bible Study!!! God is so good...Monday was a ROTTEN day...JR had an ear infection that was at that point undiagnosed. So he was super fussy, but I went to MOPS anyway & kept him with me. Well, I didn't enjoy it much at all b/c he was so upset. Then I took him to the DR and didn't like the new DR much. All in all I was so lonely and sad it was terrible. BUT, then on Tuesday, after I'd been sad for a few minutes that morning, God sent a flood of phone calls from good friends. One of them was from a Houston friend's sister who lives here in Austin. She invited us to visit her church on Sunday (which we are going to & I'm way excited about) and I asked if she knew any good Bible studies around. She said there's one at her church on Thursdays. So I went...welll, turns out she's the SPEAKER of the whole thing and is INCREDIBLE!!! I'm already enjoying it IMMENSELY and I've only been once and done 1 day's homework. It was totally the highlight of my week.
2. I ran into someone I know from MOPS at the grocery store. She said, "OK, so you're settled now b/c you saw someone you know while you're out and about." So true! I don't know if that means I'm "settled" but it definitely means I'm meeting people! :) And it DID feel really good!
3. AT this Bible study we broke into small groups for discussion. My group was very nice, but the best part of the whole day (other than being excited about God's word and worshiping with other Godly women) was that 3 of them HUGGED me. I didn't realize how much I missed friends that were close enough to HUG!!! Anyway, my challenge to you is to hug a friend today, even if you don't know them that well...ESPECIALLY if they're new to the area---it TOTALLY made my day and that's the first day I've felt like I was "home" since I moved here. So YAY for God and His divine wisdom to invent hugs! :)
4. My step-mom came to visit us on Friday for the morning. She drove all the way from Houston just to hug us (again, the hugs) and see our faces. We had fun and the visit meant a LOT to me!
Love you all!!!! Oh, and if you didn't get my email asking you to send me your birthday, please do, b/c I'm trying to recreate my birthday list after losing it. :) Thanks!!!
4 comments:
Hey, Julie!!!
I did not even know you guys moved. What a surprise! I enjoyed reading your blog and I am happy to hear that your week ended up much happier than it started! With your personality, it won't be any time before you have a ton of Austin friends!
Glad you guys are doing well! The kiddos are just too precious for words! Take care.
Love--Jill
God is good. I am glad that you are getting "settled in." Brandon and I have been in SA for the weekend (for birthday stuff), so I will send my thoughts your way when we drive through Austin this afternoon.
Julie, I'm so glad you're beginning to feel at home...just wait until all those lovely ladies discover what a beautiful jewel they have their midst. How blessed they will be by your friendship!
Hugs to you and your precious family,
Tracey
Julie, You may not remember me it has been forever, I went to West Houston with you for a while. But this post and the comment about the hugs touched me. Sometimes I really miss my friends that were that close. I remember that the first time I visited I was overwhelmed by the fact that hugs replaced hand shakes there. I found your blog through Lauren Prathers. Your kiddos are too precious.
Hope all is well.
In HIm,
Emily Pannell
Post a Comment