
This is Kate "watching the waters" with her baby doll. One afternoon I was cleaning the kitchen and Kate was out on the porch playing (it's AWESOME b/c from the kitchen I can see EVERYTHING downstairs (except my bedroom). Anyway, I looked out and that's what I saw. I asked what she was doing and she said, "Watching the waters Mommy." This has since been a daily activity!

So J.R. can hold his own bottle FINALLY!!!!
HALLLLLELUJAH!!! I still hold him most of the time, but when I need to be doing something else (like rushing Kate to the potty) it's nice to be able to lay him down on the floor with his bottle and not worry! Go big man! :) And on the other front---eating, he's getting better. I did buy the
pre-made baby-food, and though it's pricier than making my own, at least he's eating! I'll still make some things, but as for green stuff, I think we'll stick to Gerber! :) He has eaten 2 jars of green beans and a jar of carrots in addition to pears and
bananas over the past 2 days. I also found (thanks to Ashley) that if I feed him some pears first, he's more apt to eat whatever is next (carrot/beans/etc.). And the poor little guy is DYING to eat real food...but he still chokes on stuff, which is not too pleasant for anyone. However, tonight we went to dinner at a local hamburger joint and he made mad progress with some french fries! :)
As far as little potty girl goes, we have had a drastic improvement! I did go get the timer, which Kate decorated with Dora stickers and it has been amazing. She still complains when it goes off (which it does every 30 minutes...good grief, we make more trips up those stairs every day!!! ---she likes the upstairs potty better...go figure!), but she DOES go most of the time! And she LOVES the MnM treat afterwards! She tells me what color she picks out every time! Cute girl. The big news is that we had ZERO accidents today!!!! AMAZING!!! She even kept her pull-up dry on our 2 outings that lasted over an hour each! WOW...so cool. I can just see the dollar signs every time I don't have to throw out a diaper!
AND if you notice in JR's bottle picture, he's laying on our beautiful new living room rug! I LOVE IT! So, that's all for tonight. I think I'll join my hubby on the porch as we read our books & "watch the waters"...don't we sound old!? Reading on the porch on Friday night. ha!
6 comments:
Julie,
I've been waiting for pictures of your new house..... .... what is the water fall? Is it in a pond? do you have hills behind the fence? Am reading your blog daily to keep in touch with your sweet family. Will is potty training now too., you'll have to check Lauren's blog at lauren527.blogspot.com.
Kendall is now in Round Rock working at a Shepler's, he is looking for a church, too. Tell Jeff he had to get a new hat (longhorn) to replace his A&M hat in longhorn country!
Does Rachel have a blog? I tried to link to her site, but nothing happened.
TTYL....
Terri,
Thanks so much for your comments! I love getting comments on the blog. I put lauren's blog on my favorites, so I'll keep up with her! Does Kendall have an email? I'd love to get in touch with him. We're about 30 minutes from Round Rock. I've heard RRCOC is good, but I don't know. Rachel's blog is:www.itsgrubbtime.blogspot.com--enjoy! :)
Watching the waters sounds like fun to me. :) My address is ejjessup at gmail.com. Email when you have time!
Ya! The "Super MOM" award goes to Julie. You are handling all of the transitions each child is going through right now superbly. I hope that I am as a mom as you are. Only 12 weeks to go...
Julie,
I linked to you from Terri who linked to me from Tracey ... it's wonderful! Rich and Chelsea told me about y'all moving to Austin. I'm so excited for you and Jeff but it does seem weird that you're no longer in Katy!
It has been a blessing to have you and Jeff in my kids' lives! Watching you grow into your adulthood, get married, and have such precious babies! Enjoy your time - even the potty training and tears! I can remember keeping a potty chair in the trunk of the car for Sarah when we went to Richie's soccer games! Now, she's at ACU! Check out her blog at www.feelingfreshman.blogspot.com
My Kate is consumed right now with pledging KoJoKai. I badgered her to blog and she's written ONCE on the blog she started while in Oxford, www.canterburykate.blogspot.com. She's also writing for The Optimist.
We're heading to Abilene Friday for Freshman Follies. Sarah wrote the script/lyrics for her dorm hall's presentation.
I'm only telling you all of this to bring back college memories!
Love you!!
Daphne
www.icemama.blogspot.com
Hey Julie! I just happened to see your e-mail . . .it seems like your life has been a whirlwind lately! Moving, potty-training, feeding frustrations . . .how do you keep your sanity??? :-) Anyway, I hope all is well today. It was great to hear from you! Love your blog . . .those kiddos are getting so big!! Too cute!!
Post a Comment