Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Moving PICTURES!

Well, moving was an adventure, but everything went decently! I have recently met a couple of ladies who BOTH had hospital stays within a week of moving, so I'm feeling very blessed at this point! But here's some of the pictures of our adventure.

When Kate first saw the moving truck she just stood in the driveway with her arms out saying "BIG TRUCK! BIG TRUCK!" over and over and over! Funny girl!

The movers not only picked up everything from our house, they also had to load everything from our storage unit! We have a LOT of stuff apparently! Well, the big truck was too large to get into the storage facility, so they had a small truck get that stuff, then meet the big truck in the near-by movie theater parking lot and transferred everything from the small one to the big one! Add to that, POURING rain, and you get quite a circus! Here's a picture of my dad as the 2 of us sad in the Jeep, dry, watching the ordeal.

When we arrived in Austin, there was another moving truck in front of our house! Turns out one of our neighbors was moving in also. Their truck had to move down the street a little and detach the cab so that our truck could fit!


Me driving to Austin, with Kate & JR safely in the back seat watching NEMO! :) Yes, I took the picture by myself and no I did not get in a wreck as a result...but I did wait for straight road and no traffic to take the picture!





No comments: