Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Perspective

Why being a mommy is hard: Because when you'd really rather stay in bed and cry, your kids need you to get up and be happy.





Why being a mommy is good: Because when you'd really rather stay in bed and cry, your kids need you to get up and be happy!





Here's a glimpse of what reminded me to appreciate the simple things this morning: Kate and I were eating cheerios and I noticed a turtle had made it's way to the top of our broken fountain outside. I told Kate and she ran outside to see the "trle". She stood there pointing at it for a good 10 minutes! She was so excited. If only I could remember that God provides the little things like J.R.'s giggle and Kate's kisses to remind me of His CONSTANT goodness, even in my own pity parties!

The Turtle

Kate "pointing" to the turtle.

She just looked cute here...

2 comments:

Jennie said...

wow, talk about a posting frenzy...loved all of the pictures! God is good. And I liked your perspective on how it works both ways...sorry you are feeling a little down right now. Give me a call if you want to talk about it. But we are all entitled to a blue day here and there. You're adjusting to a lot right now...give it time.

Elisa said...

I am so glad God is good to us even in our pity parties. I'd be in some mighty big trouble otherwise! I'd like to email you -could you please send me your address?