Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Last Night in H-Town

Well, our time here really is winding down. Last night I said goodbye to my house of 5 years. Sad day. It was really surreal. After a CRAZY day with the movers (lasting from 8am-5:30pm and including rain, the need for a separate small truck for the mini storage unit b/c the big truck couldn't get in...then a transfer in the movie theater parking lot from the small truck to the big truck) I ate dinner with my walking buddy who I've seen ALMOST every day for the last 3 years...what a joy to have that final time with her. The kids and I spent last night with my Dad and Judy and the dogs are at our awesome friends' the Shooks house (seriously, God bless their souls!). Today we got up and had our check-ups at the pediatrician, including 5 shots (4 for JR, 1 for Kate) then headed out to my cousin DeAnna's house for a final play date with her and her son. So fun! We spent the rest of the afternoon at Dad's just playing and trying to figure out how all of our stuff is going to fit in the Jeep tomorrow on the trip to Austin. It's going to be quite a sight with 2 dogs, 2 kids, 1 fish, and 1 mommy! We're excited though and as I get ready to hit the "sack" I'm glad to get to our new home. It will be nice to settle somewhere and know that we'll be there for at least a year! Thank you to EVERYONE who has been such a help. We'll be back next weekend for a garage sale and final goodbye visit. Katy has been home for the last 9 years...it will be home in my heart for much longer than that because of the amazing people God has blessed us with here. Love you all!

No comments: