SO, Kate is a mess these days. I think she had a major growth spurt and doesn't quite know where her body is anymore, b/c she keeps falling! The first incident was Christmas morning. She made it all the way down the stairs and fell on the 2nd to last step, head first onto the tile!!! Here is the resulting bump---it came up by the time I ran to pick her up (less than 30 seconds).
We've lived here 4 months, and this was her first fall on the stairs.
Then yesterday, Kate decided it'd be a good idea to run full-speed across the back porch. I guess her body was faster than her feet and she fell, face-first into our iron fence that goes around the edge of the porch. She skinned both knees and somehow (thank you God AGAIN) didn't break her nose, but got her face square between 2 of the posts...she has 2 pink marks on her cheeks.
Let's pray there are no more accidents in the future!!!!
2 comments:
Poor Kate! I know just how she feels - it's so easy for a person's feet to get ahead of the rest of her. Looks like you guys had a happy Christmas. I'm so glad.
Oh, my goodness that bump is huge. Poor thing and poor mommy...how scary. Aren't our bodies amazing, we take the hits and keep on running. I remember falling and hitting my head on a camp ground picnic table when I was about four years old and hit my forehead on the metal leg supports and it resulted in a bump like Kate's. I think we all have those kind of stories.
Post a Comment