Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Grandparents

So I think Grandparents are GREAT. Not only are they AWESOME free babysitting (thanks everyone!!!), it's so wonderful to have people who love my kids as much as we do! I miss that about Houston, there were so many people who loved on our kids. Anyway....MY grandparents were always so fun. I remember both of my grandmothers getting down on the floor with me to play games WITH me (which now means so much more after hearing "play WITH me Mommy" approximately 1,500 times/day). I have really appreciated having a wonderful relationship with my grandparents, and pray that the great relationships that have begun with Kate and JR's grandparents will continue to grow and develop into incredibly meaningful pieces of their lives! :)



This is my grandmother (mom's mom) with JR...aren't they cute?
Dad and Judy came to visit last week and brought Kate an Egyptian "coffee set" (aka as "copy set" by Kate). Kate had so much fun making "coppy" for everyone and pouring it into our "cups" (our hands).

Dad also let Kate play with his umbrella--she did a great job of keeping us all dry...and we even all avoided getting poked in the eye! HA!


Oompah takes a "walk" with Kate and JR--talented Oompah there!
Gran-Jo AND my Dad are both hoping to get the kiddos into music at an early stage...I'd say they've succeeded since most of my day I hear Kate singing and see both of them dancing (JR's is more bouncing in place, but hey, he's just a white boy!).

Thank you all grandparenti (even the ones not pictured.....sorry, it's hard to get enough time to upload many more pics). You are a wonderful legacy for your grandchildren and I'm so glad they get to play with you!!!! :)

1 comment:

Packman said...

Prrr! It was a great visit to Austin last week. Didn't know you had the photos.