Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kids n stuff

We were sick...for a week. :( It was YUCKY! Jeff and I had it the worst. Kate had a HIGH fever for a day and then was done. JR was just fussy for about a week...I finally took him to the DR sure he had an ear infection (he HAD been very congested you see) and no, he was fine of course...the dr. said he's probably going through a phase...oh joy. HA! Sooo, we've been cooped up and are raring to go now, but oi...a week of cooped up sick people is no fun! Here's a couple of things we did (other than way too much tv).
Kate learned to play dominoes...sort of. She found our dominoes on our beach trip and thinks they're really fun to do stuff with (towers, knocking them over, lining them up, etc.) One day she and I sat at the table and with prodding she was able to count the dots and match them up! This pic is of her "long line" of matches! GO KATE! :) Jeff got creative and took the kids out (so I could sleep) and bought some bait fish! They thought it was great! Kate would laugh when they swam around her fingers...but JR...he picked the things UP! Crazy boy! Notice Kate's hair...we call it her "knots" and she now insists on these instead of pigtails! They're pigtails where I don't let the "tail" out of the band. Super cute!
JR has been doing pretty well a feeding himself with a spoon! In fact, he will NOT allow us to feed him (unless he's distracted with his own spoon and I can sneak bites in!). We also have had a break-through...he eats PEAS!!! But only if they're mixed in with corn...apparently corn is yummy enough to sacrifice one's self to something green in order to get it. Ha!

Other than that, we're trying to stay cool!
Ok, if you made it all the way to the end of this post, you deserve a prize and you should leave me a comment. I don't know if there's really anyone out there reading this! Ha! :)

6 comments:

jennyc said...

Sorry you guys were sick. Your kiddos are too cute. I'll have to remember the "bait fish" idea in a few months. It's always good to pop by your site. Hope you guys have a wonderful summer!

Thailand Tracey said...

Glad you're all feeling better! Congratulations to Jeff for a great idea with the bait fish. Next time he might want to try earthworms...my 2nd graders loved them! Stay healthy!
Love,
Tracey

Jennie said...

I have been sick this week too! It stinks. But luckily no sick husband or baby yet. Glad all of ya'll are feeling better.

Grubb Family said...

I read it!! I love hearing what's going on a your house. Love the new hair do. I'll have to try it on Keira, although I don't think it will look quite as cute since she doesn't have as much hair.

Sorry you all were so sick. That is sooo miserable. Hope this week is better than last!!

Terri said...

glad to hear you're all feeling better. i'm still reading, faithfully following your sweet family. i love the videos you incorporate, they're awesome!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much! I'm sorry y'all were sick, but I'm happy to know you're better. Give them lots of love for me!!
-Emily