Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A record of the fun, chaos, and sorrows of this little family trying to make it in this world...my goal is to laugh at the days to come (Proverbs 31), but also laugh at the days behind and the ones we're living.
5 comments:
I didn't realize you had lost your mom . . .I'm so sorry. Even though it's been 12 years and the grief is not as raw now I'm sure there's still difficult times. I wish I had known her but I look forward to reading the comments about her!
One memory I always think of is that she was a speaker at a retreat (KCOC). Her topic was "blooming where you are planted" (I will keep my eyes open for the booklet, with notes and verses from her talk. This was right before ya'll moved to Eqypt. She used a huge watercolor picture of bluebonnets that she painted as a "prop". The retreat was at the Strake conference center in Conroe (boy scout camp), very pretty there. Lot's of time for walking, praying and personal reflection. She is the person who taught us the song "Make me a servant", during that retreat.
You know how much I loved your mom; she was such a gracious hostess, a loving friend, a listening ear, she had such a sweet and GENTLE spirit, with tremendous faith and love for the Father. She loved reading the Bible and knew a lot of verses by heart. She was a devoted wife and mother and I know she is smiling watching what a lovely woman, wife and mother you have become. I love you Julie...... it has been my joy to watch you grow from a first grader to a mother with a child ready for first grade in a couple of years!
Thank you for encouraging us to share thoughts on Patsy, I do think of her often, especially every April. I'll post another one later.....<3 terri
Julie- Though I know there were moments of joy shared with your sweet mom, one of my most precious memories was during a time of great sadness for me and Sam as we'd just lost our first baby. What I remember was your mom coming over to visit after I'd gotten home from the hospital. She'd brought us a plate of hamburger patties and a sweet card with simple, honest, encouraging words shared from her heart. It was so comforting to us and is a memory that I've treasured because of the example it set. Reaching out doesn't have to be complicated ...a gourmet meal just isn't necessary...knowing that someone cares is truly all that matters.
I hope that you know in your heart what a beautiful reflection you are of your mom. She would be so proud!
Love you,
Tracey
( I've enjoyed your recent posts. So many memories...seems like just yesterday Vanessa flipped out of her crib for the first time!)
Though 12 years have passed since Patsy left us on earth, she is often thought of and spoken about at our house. A few of her paintings hang here and there as gentle reminders of her love. Most of all I remember her sweet chuckle and confident manner as we worked together in my kitchen. She and I were instant friends from the day we met in October 1991 until she went to heaven. I love her still. Marty Lynn
What a precious opportunity it is to honor your mom by sharing unforgetable memories with you. What a beautiful woman she was, inside and out! I always wanted to be like her. Her gentle spirit, her love for everyone, her knowledge of the Word, her unselfish nature, she WAS a servant to others that reflected Christ, etc. I could go on and on.
Patsy and I shared many personal conversations over the years. I always knew I could trust her with any details of my life that I shared.
We were in Secret Pals together at KCOC and for my final gift (she was my Sectret Pal)she had painted a pastel watercolor picture of Snapdragons. I still cherish that painting because she put something of herself in every stoke of the brush. It is beautiful.
Patsy was a true blessing to all who knew her and she will always be missed! Tracey said it best.. what a beautiful reflection you are of your mom. She would be so proud!
May God bless you and your beautiful little family.
Post a Comment