Kara, Marty, and Kate show off our cake. : )
I am having my sweet friend Kara Wolfe over today as she is in town visiting me and another friend. Her other friend will be coming over for dinner. Kara's birthday is next week, so I decided to turn it into a little celebration! Well, I baked a cake this morning, poked the toothpick in and it came out clean, so I assumed it was done!!! NOPE!!!
The middle was nice and mushy goo. I did not find this out until AFTER I had begun the frosting procedure. I didn't know what to do...soooo, I cut out the middle, and foraged in my pantry to find "fillers"---chocolate covered cherries and sweet-hearts (to make it even more hilarious, the sweet-hearts are in SPANISH!!!!). I don't know what she'll think, but I've been laughing all morning! :)
So...Happy Birthday Kara, from your ever crazy youth minister!!! :)
3 comments:
Julie- You're one of the most creative people I know! I guess all those years of scrapbooking for Creative Memories is coming in handy... even with cake decorating! Your mom would be very proud! Please give Kara my love. I know she'll feel honored by your festive bilingual cake.
Love you,
Tracey
OK that is very funny!!!! Great idea to "fix" your problem. So glad you are my friend. I am sure your mom would be proud.
Now that is a creative solution, which does seem fitting for the daughter of a home-making guru! It looks like it must have been yummy, too.
Post a Comment