Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chicken Pox

Well, our house has been afflicted with the chicken-pox. It's a terrible thing. Apparently there's a major epedemic in Round Rock, which Kate managed to catch! That girl can catch anything!!! She did get the shot when she was 1, but, as I now know, the shot does not prevent the virus, it just makes it a mild case if you do get it. J.R. however, has NOT had the shot, so please pray that he does not get the pox!!!

SO, we came all the way to Katy for a birthdaay party...and when we got here I realized that the "rash" she had suddenly seemed to have spread a lot. SO, I took her to the DR. here and sure enough, we have the pox. SOOOOO, no birthday party for Kate. Just a fun couple of days with Grandpa and Judy. I however am about to leave for the party. Poor Kate, after she got dressed this morning, she said "I ready for Matthew" (the birthday boy). She is going to be very dissappointed when I leave in a few minutes. Oh well. That's the way it goes I suppose. Anyway, that's that. :)

Stupid Chicken Pox!!!

2 comments:

Daphne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daphne said...

Ahhh, chicken pox. I had an in-home childcare when the chicken pox came to visit. I'm not sure where it originated because Rich wasn't even in school yet. If I recall correctly, I had Rich (4), two 3-year-old boys, and two or three others from 1 to 3 including Kate. I told the parents that they had to keep the kids home the first couple of days and then I'd take them back. I felt strongly the babies needed their own homes and parents those first couple of days so ... I made it the rule! Somewhere around here I have a picture of those kids sitting on a slide, one behind the other, with their fading chicken pox!

Helen Hanson shared with me the secret of raw oatmeal in a clean stocking. It can be gently placed on sensitive, itchy areas - not really rubbed - and helps a lot. It's particularly helpful for girls.

Praying you through the next week,
Daphne