Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Big Boy!!!!

I just can't get over the fact that JR is one!!! I don't know, it seems so amazing to me that he was only born a year ago. The year has flown by way too fast. He is my snuggle bug of a boy right now. LOVES to hug and tickle and giggle! :) Here's some pics of him all grown up.
We turned his seat around on Friday for our trip to Houston, so he could see the DVD player...he didn't care that much. BUT, I have noticed him looking out the window a lot this week! :)
This is him digging into his cupcake at our celebration with my family this weekend...he did NOT like it...spit it right back out and wouldn't eat any more, but he did enjoy squishing it! :)

Some time last week, he wanted to get up at the table with Kate while she was coloring, so I gave him a crayon and paper just to see what he'd do. Low and behold, he colored a little bit!!!

My parents got JR a parking garage thing for his birthday and he LOVES it! I didn't think he'd catch on too quick, but he thinks it's so funny to put cars (and animals and anything else that fits) down the ramp and watch them shoot out the end! :)

This is the puff-ball game. I did this with Kate (got the idea from preschool teaching). You cut a small hole in the top of a formula can and then let them push puff-balls through the hole. JR thinks it's very entertaining! He put ALL of these in this afternoon!

2 comments:

Daphne said...

He's precious! It's so wonderful that you get to be home with them. Enjoy every day and remember that when they want you to slow down and watch an ant or caterpillar moving slowly down the sidewalk, that's what it means to slow down and smell the roses!

Love you!
Daphne

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to introduce him to worms and the cane pole you, Julie, used way back when!
Dad