Well, I decided that this year was a good year for us to start making and decorating Christmas cookies. After 3 days of the process, I am now officially tired of making cookies and the smell of that super sweet yummy icing kinda makes me a little nauseated...but we had so much fun and I am SO glad we started this tradition!!!
Kate enjoyed using the cookie cutters...but I think she liked the part where she got to EAT the cookies more! :)
On a side note, a friend called an needed to talk about something yesterday right after lunch and before nap (crazy time at our house) and I was trying to keep Kate quiet. I think I must've told her to be quiet just before I walked to the fridge to get her a cookie (thinking, but not saying that maybe she'd stay quiet as long as she was eating a cookie...not my normal MOD, but thought since it's Christmas she could have a treat.). Anyway, after I got off the phone she was telling me that she ate a red hot (the buttons on the gingerbread man) and I asked if it made her mouth hot. She said yes and then pointed to the leg of the cookie and said, "This makes me quiet." She's really too smart for her own good...I think I'm in for some fun years!!! ;)
2 comments:
What sweet memories you are making! You are such a good mommy, your mom would be so proud of you.....I love you and your family SO much :>
That is so cute. Those cookies sure do look yummy.
Post a Comment