Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Morning

So, I just wanted to share the chaos of the morning. I was laughing to myself as I was driving home, because this kind of morning doesn't necessarily make me crazy like it used to...it seems that this kind crazy is normal these days!!!


This morning:

I got up, got ready with JR clamoring around the bathroom climbing up my legs, eating all kinds of non-edible things, etc.


Kate woke up and decided that she HAD to wear a skirt and a pink shirt that DID NOT FIT. We went back and forth until we agreed on the pink shirt with jean shorts (I took off the green shoes and put on sneakers before we left the house).


I proceeded to get things together to be gone for the morning at my Mom to Mom group and then running a few errands. At 9:15 (when we SHOULD have all been in the car) I realized I still had not done Kate's hair or put on anyone's shoes OR changed JR's diaper or taken Kate potty.


We got to my group 10 minutes late, but at least we got there.


After group I was informed that JR took a nap during it! WHAT??! The boy hasn't taken a morning nap in months...he must have been REALLLY sleepy! But that was good since we had errands to run.

We got everyone in the car and drove 20 minutes to the store I needed to go to...fed the kids fruit on the way, got Wendy's, loaded them in the stroller and doled out nuggets to JR and a hamburger to kate.


We got everything we NEEDED and then I wanted to browse the book section. The kids sat in the back of the store at a table watching a kids show they had on (BOZ, a fun kids Christian video). While there a man randomly asked me, "Did you go to ACU?" I said yes, but was then freaked out as to why he would know this...till I realized he walked in at the same time I did and saw the sticker on my car. He turned out to be the preacher at one of the churches we visited but didn't join. It is not easy to have a conversation with someone you don't know in the middle of a store while your kids are 20 feet away and you need to keep an eye/ear out on them. He did not seem to understand this...so I finally heard JR squeal and excused myself to check on the kiddos.


As I stood at the check-out stand I looked back to see JR on top of the table. Went back to get him down and realized he was stinky....AND all the diapers were in the car. We finished paying and headed out (with much opposition since that meant leaving the video behind).


Get to the car and let Kate play in the front seat while I change JR in the back of the Jeep. As I pull up his pants Kate yells (standing now in the back seat) "I HAVE TO GO POTTY...OH NO, I CAN'T STOP IT!!!". She hasn't had an accident in over a month. But oh yeah, there was pee everywhere! I keep extra panties in the car, so we changed and cleaned and headed home. And it's not even 1:00!!! What?!


Now, to all you other moms with multiple kids I know you're thinking...what's so hard about that? It's a normal day. And that's exactly the truth...this is NORMAL for me now...when did mass chaos become NORMAL? There are toys all over my living room and the upstairs is just one big toy box...the counters are never cleaned off...I trip on toys, stub my toes on toys, trip on KIDS...the laundry never gets put away within 2 days of being done...I actually leave my kitchen a mess at night and go to bed, hoping that I'll have enough energy to deal with it in the morning. People whine at me all day long...sometimes I realize that I've tuned out so much squealing and whining that I've actually missed that Kate was telling me something important (like I need to go potty).

But I love this life...I complain about it and cry when it gets overwhelming...but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the entire world. Thank you Lord for blessing me with this new normal!!! :)

2 comments:

Jennie said...

So true. I know that you are an amazing mom.

Thailand Tracey said...

Happy Mother's Day! So glad that you can celebrate the chaos and enjoy the moments. What a blessing you are to your sweet family!
Love you,
Tracey